[3830] ARRLDX CW WA2VYA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2vya@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WA2VYA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 08:32:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WA2VYA
Operator(s): WA2VYA
Station: WA2VYA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CEDAR CREEK TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 41:20

  160:   16    13
   80:   62    32
   40:  193    55
   20:  208    55
   15:  231    73
   10:  477    82
-------------------
Total: 1187   310  Total Score = 1,103,910

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

IC-756PROIII with Tokyo HyPower HL-550FX amplifier 400 watts output;
160m Inverted Vee up 13m (39')used only barefoot; 80m dipole up 13m (39');
Cushcraft R8 vertical up 2m (6');

The big Texas Ice Storm of 2023 the week before the contest was bad here and I
was sorry to hear about our fellow hams with all of the fallen and damaged
antennas caused by the Storm.  Here, the trees were trimmed in November and my
antennas are not big enough, high enough or consequential enough to fall.

As we all know by now, for the contest conditions were great on 10m.  Better
than I have heard since the 2002 ARRL DX CW Contest. Conditions were so good
this year, I could run sometimes and work some interesting DX, including my
first Brunei QSO on 15m (thanks to V85RH JO1RUR); and first Vietnam QSO on 10m
(thanks to XV1X).

Pleased to have our sunspots back and looking forward to more great conditions
on the bands.

Thanks for all of the QSOs and the great participation by the DX stations.

73, Frank WA2VYA