[3830] NAQP SSB W3DQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W3DQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 22:46:38 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC

   40:  245    43
   20:   58    24
   15:   24    15
   10:    4     2
-------------------
Total:  331    84  Total Score = 27,804

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: Yes, DC is a Multiplier

Comments:

If I only had an 80m antenna!

While the NAQPs are my favorite contests, being limited to 10m-40m lowered both
my expectations and my numbers.

I started on 10, expecting to work many locals, but that never materialized. I
checked back throughout the day, but as others have mentioned, the band was very
quiet.

I then went to 20m, where the conditions were odd -- some areas *very* loud,
others barely a whisper. All S&P.

Moving to 40 was a good move, although I should have gone earlier. The band was
noisy, but using a combination of the K3 attenuation and noise reduction was
very effective.

>From scraping along S&Ping on 20 to having the best run I've ever had as a
single op -- 140/hr on 40m. I assume it was a result of being spotted (I was
un-assisted). Mayhem followed by an abrupt "nothing heard" at the end
of the run.

When that run ended, I chased mults on 20 without much success.

I'm sure that if I had been on 80, my numbers would have been way higher. 160
would have helped, too.

It was great hear so many stations on from DC: K2ACX, NN3RP, W3ZJ, KC3HMY and
AJ3M. Yes, DC is a Multiplier!

73,
Eric W3DQ
F12-C3SS, 40m sloper