[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 14:16:47 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 17

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  143  Mults = 137  Total Score = 19,591

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Quickly put the station back together.  I have been preparing for spring by
rolling up coax that runs across the yard, and taking down beverages. Started pm
40. VE3s were weak. They usually thunder in as to the Colorado stations.  The
sun has been up for a long time. Surprised to find WA6URY, W7ZXC, W6SX, AB7MP,
KK6M, and KJ9C still made it through quite early.  At 1315Z 38x38.  Good start.
KV0I in Nebraska called in and that is always a treat to hear activity from
there.  At 1330Z 82 x 82, one of the best half hours I have had. Lots of signals
on the band, but not particularly strong.  One thing about CWT is that stations
can be really weak and we still work.  Good CW Ops!  Generally, there were lots
of new guys active which kept things going.  At 1338Z 100 x 100 = 10,000. W7OM
called in.  He was strong and about 25 minutes later than the other west coast.
At 1343Z I was calling CQ without answers.  Other CQ guys were starting to
S&P and call me. That probably was the signal that a band change was in
order, but I did not know if 20 was dead or not.  I have to work on SO2R
capability.  Started my S&P.  About half the guys were not there, but some
were nice and loud so it took only one call to get them. At 1348Z 122 x 122.
Went to 20 at 13%%Z.  Too late, but got a couple mults in the log.  Headed
outside to take down the beverages that go across the front yard.  They probably
will mow this week.  Leaving the NW beverage up until the last possible time
since I still need zones 18 and 23 on 80.