[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 20:11:00 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Apr 8

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS

   20:  38     32
   15:  11      7
   10:   6      6
-------------------
Total:  55     45  Total Score = 2,475

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Early going for me was just HORRIBLE!  Tried 10m for awhile, but couldn't find
many.  Then, jumped to 15.  Barely better.  Then, N1MM+ stopped recognizing my
COM Port for Winkeyer.  So, had to restart computer.  Oh, well...that gave me
time to consider my strategy (as though I actually HAD a strategy!).

Thanks to all the veterans and CWOps newbies who were on today.  It's always
great to hear that booming signal and superb fist from Bert, F6HKA.  And, 'twas
super to hear Kurt, SI5Y, again today.

Now, to me, this is purely comical.  There I was on 20m with a pretty good run
calling CQ.  Then, all of a sudden, I hear a stn nearby asking 'QRL?' then the
bombs started dropping.  It was good ole' Marv, N5AW, who couldn't hear me at
all, so he started his run and the stations were piling in!  I tried to hold my
frequency, but there was NO WAY!  So, I slipped up .3 KHz, called N5AW, got in
his log (whew!), then moved up the band and bit, found a clear spot, and
started my CQing again.  There was NO WAY on this Earth I was gonna get into a
freq battle with a big gun like Marv!  Ha!  I'm still laughing about that one.
:-)

OK, I hope everybody enjoying this outing and is looking forward to another
shot at 0300z.

Oh, and thanks to the very few who will actually read all my ramblings here,
but I love this CWT stuff so much, I can hardly stop telling my friends about
it!  Y'all are the greatest!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis Aaron Presley, the First)