Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Statistics Forums Help

1-2 of 2 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Statistics Reply
by DF7ZS on October 30, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
Hi all the experts out there.

CQWW is over again and I am wondering if there is a tool to make decent statistics out of a contest log (ADIF) ?

The logbook I am using is not giving me much. I want to see distances, rates, addup points, addup qso's, addup multipliers, band-point and distances zones, dxcc's and so on ...

I can not imagine to be the first one asking fo this.

73sss

Helmut

RE: Statistics Reply
by OE5CWL on October 30, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
Hello Helmut !

I usually do some statistical analysis using some spreadsheet programms. Mine ist Lotus 1-2-3, but Excel will do the joh as well. Importing the log may be somewhat tricky, especially with Lotus 1-2-3. Excel seems to make that a bit easier. But it depends upon the formats you have for the log. I don�t have any experience with ADIF. I use TR-Log for contesting and importing the log as an ASCII-file works okay.

BTW there was an article on this subject in the September/October 2002 issue of the National Contest Journal (NCJ) by N0AX. The Article by H. Ward Silver is "Log Analysis with Excel - Computing the sprint Doofus Factor" wich should be interesting reading for you. Spreadsheet programms are a powerfull tool for log-analysis. The Diagram-function will bring you all the information at one glance.

Hope this helps a bit. If you need more support feel free to contact me.

Juergen OE5CWL/OE6CWL

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Why are people using the DX cluster for SS statesi
Previous Topic:   Statistics
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.