Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : European Contest on August 2 & 3, 2003 Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

European Contest on August 2 & 3, 2003 Reply
by WG1Z on August 3, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I noticed a lot of spots on the DX cluster this weekend between European contesters primarily posted on 144MHz with a few on 50MHz and 432MHz. What European contest is responsible for all these VHF & UHF posts? I was expected to see a lot of stateside posts for the ARRL UHF contest but saw very very few. I saw a European contester post to all asking what time the AA contest ended. I doubt this was referring to the All Asia contest. A response was posted indictating that the AA contest ended at 1500GMT on August 3, 2003. Can anyone tell me what contest was going on over in Europe this weekend that was responsible for all of the VHF & UHF posts on the DX cluster? What are some of the details of this contest? What is the time period for the contest, frequecies, and modes?

Thank you,

Joe - WG1Z

RE: European Contest on August 2 & 3, 2003 Reply
by oz0j on August 7, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I am not a big contester on VHF/UHF but a friend (OZ1IEP) has created this calendar http://home1.inet.tele.dk/chalkier/testhtm.htm

It is from 2002 but I guess that the contests also exist in 2003.

I don't know whatever that can help you.

BTW some of my amateur radio friends mentioned that the conditions on VHF/UHF are more than very good theese days. That could also be a reason to all the spots.

73 J�rgen OZ0J

RE: European Contest on August 2 & 3, 2003 Reply
by 9a6xx on September 2, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
it was Alpe Adria contest...

the contest is from 07 to 15Z every first sunday in august on VHF

it's mostly for VHF contesters located in I/S5/OK/HB/F/9A/DL

Alps = the big mountains in central europe
Adria = adriatic sea between Italy and Croatia

I hope it was helpful!

73 de Hrle - 9A6XX

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Rotator Loops
Previous Topic:   Doctor DX Sim
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.