Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Lithium backup battery on a TS-850S Forums Help

1-4 of 4 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Lithium backup battery on a TS-850S Reply
by WR1H on November 15, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Does anyone have experience in replacing this battery ?
I have no clue were it is located inside the rig nor what type of battery model it is ?

Any help would be appreciated

WR1H

RE: Lithium backup battery on a TS-850S Reply
by K3CT on November 20, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
I know of two batteries in the TS-850. One is in the voice keyer module and the other is soldered on the microprocessor board. This board is about 2" behind the front panel. The radio will work with this battery removed. It just doesn't remember any settings and doesn't have any memory when powered off. The radio can do funny things if the battery is leaking on the circuit board across the traces.

John, K3CT

by K0BX on November 22, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
I have two articles on the replacement of the TS-850S on my website.

http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

instead of replacing the battery, some people have bought a lithium battery holder and battery from radio shack and then soldered the two wires from the battery holder to where they have cut off the old battery. the TS-850S just needs 3 volts to hold the memory, so the RS battery, although not the same one as on the rig works fine.

Joe K0BX

by G4iFB on January 8, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
I have published detailed step-by-step instructions for changing the CPU backup battery on my website:

http://www.g4ifb.com/Station_info/TS850_mod/ts850_mod.html

I believe there was something on this in the Hints and Kinks column in QST in October 2004, too.

73 de Little-i

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   NA and the FT-1000MP
Previous Topic:   TS-940 vs IC-765
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.