Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Orion PTT delay Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Orion PTT delay Reply
by WA0AVL on September 25, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
I am a new owner of a 3-month old used ORIOIN II and notice a ONE second delay from PTT activation til audio and RF are present, HELP, this is a show stopper... Been through menus to no avail...

Thinking their may be some sort of a delay for an amplifier to kick in???

RE: Orion PTT delay Reply
by k6kdk on October 2, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
There is no delay in PTT to audio and RF. You need to contact Ten Tec for tech service. Also your post says Orion II, I assume this is a typo ????

There are menu settings for hang time and delay for non QSK amps, but this does not seems to fit the bill on the problem you describe.

Sorry i have no magic bullet for you on this, It would seem that your Orion is ioperationg in a non standard way.

-Dna K6KDK

RE: Orion PTT delay Reply
by n6ajr on November 2, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
Orion II are not out yet, unless you are a company beta tester, so get the book and do a master reset, and also up load the latest software.

the orion II was suppose to be out last month as was the ver 2 software, but there is some delay. main difference on the II is a color display and an 8 pin mic connector

I have an orion and I find it a super rig, but you can really screw settings up till you figure it out so learn the master reset.. it has a lot of functions
if you go to menus, tx, and check if the EXT t/r delay is on..

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Screwdriver Antennas
Previous Topic:   Korea
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.