Re: [WriteLog] Help on 7610

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Help on 7610
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 22:20:35 -0500
I do not believe there is a 9 pin din on the radio.   There should be either one 13 pin jack or an 8pin and a 7 pin.  Icom has used the same wiring forever.  The FSK should be on Pin 1 of the 8pin jack.   The USB jack would only be used for AFSK keying.  He mentioned in his email to you TINYFSK.  That module is for the MORTTY device.   He does not need to use TINYFSK.

You stated that he has a real comport on his PC not USB to Serial converter.

For FSK keying............

The radio should be in RTTY mode.

In WL RTTYrite select the appropriate comport # and Hardware FSK

He should be good to go