[WriteLog] Entry Window Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Entry Window Question
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:45:50 -0600
--=====================_272032181==_.ALT

At 14:35 11/12/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> > But this is harder to do. I have to select with the mouse AND use the
> > insert key,
>
>Wrong (again) - He said -just- hit the INSERT key - You don't need to use
>the mouse at all to get the last highlighted callsign.  Surely you don't
>expect something easier that hitting 1 button?
>
>You could also try turning off AUTOTAB.

I realize that if it is the last highlighted call that you want it will
work. The problem is that it is not always that call which you wish to use.
If the automatic highlighting is working then you are fine, but it
does  not always work and then you have to select it with drag. When you
use the mouse button to enter the call the cursor moves to the next field,
at least it does on mine. That is what should not happen.

OTOH I guess it is not a really big deal since most of the time the
highlight is what you want, and for SSB you have to enter it manually and
then it does not leave the field. The AUTOTAB is not useful except on a
fixed length field that requires entry of EVERY character.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_272032181==_.ALT

At 14:35 11/12/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br>
have to select with the mouse AND use the<br>
&gt; insert key,<br><br>
Wrong (again) - He said -just- hit the INSERT key - You don't need to
use<br>
the mouse at all to get the last highlighted callsign.&nbsp; Surely you
don't<br>
expect something easier that hitting 1 button?<br><br>
I realize that if it is the last highlighted call that you want it will
work. The problem is that it is not always that call which you wish to
use. If the automatic highlighting is working then you are fine, but it
does&nbsp; not always work and then you have to select it with drag. When
you use the mouse button to enter the call the cursor moves to the next
field, at least it does on mine. That is what should not
happen.<br><br>
OTOH I guess it is not a really big deal since most of the time the
highlight is what you want, and for SSB you have to enter it manually and
then it does not leave the field. The AUTOTAB is not useful except on a
fixed length field that requires entry of EVERY character.<br><br>
WriteLog mailing list<br>
WriteLog@contesting.com<br>