TRLog

[Trlog] Problem encountered with trlinux 0.56

To: TRLOG <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Problem encountered with trlinux 0.56
From: Ken Rawlings <kv5y@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 21:14:00 -0600 (MDT)

Problem encountered with trlog 0.56

When trlog starts (Big Dos), contest CFG file selected, program in run mode not
S&P, callsign field has an "*" in first position, cannot enter callsign.

Back spacing enables callsign to be entered. Enter does not move cursor to open
the exchange window.  ESC twice aborts qso entry, re-enter the callsign in
window and hit enter cursor now moves to the open exchange window, but may be
positioned at the start, the end, or the middle of the window.  Sometimes
information is already showing in the window, it can be the band string from
the top of the screen, 599 xx like it came from a prior qso including 599 which
I did not enter.  ESC once and you can enter the exchange (serial number) info
from qso and continue as normal but after the next callsign entry, we come back
to square one with the exchange window again.

Recently upgraded trlog to 0.56 and RPi software updates as available.  Have
spent the last couple of days recompling trlog and testing.   I have also
re-downloaded trlinux and recompiled and tested.  Unfortunately I no longer
have a copy of trlinux-0.55 available for testing.   I am sort of at a loss in
determining the source of the problem, is it trlog or is it an RPi update that
introduced the problem.

Has anyone else encountered something like I have tried to describe? If so, did
they discover a work around?
If it is a "pilot error", please identify what I need to do as a correction.

Contests worked with trlinux since January, with issue not seen before now:
arrl-10cw; arrl-dxcw; cqww-cw; naqp-cw; rac-cw;

Hardware:
RPi-4B w/4gb memory, boots and runs from 250gb SSD.

Software:
Linux pi4g 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr  3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64
GNU/Linux

OS Ver:
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="11"
VERSION="11 (bullseye)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye