TRLog

[Trlog] File names other than defaults

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] File names other than defaults
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 20:51:48 -0500
VY1JA sed:
>  The directory looks like this:
logback.dat        27k
ss05cw.cfg          1k
ss05cw.dat          1k
ss05cw.rst         29k
ss05cw.tmp         1k

When a configuration file has a name other than the default, output files are
renamed accordingly.  In your case,
ss05cw.cfg   is the configuration file
ss05cw.rst   is the restart file
ss05cw.tmp   is the editable-log temporary file
and
ss05cw.dat   ought to be the rest of the log.

When things work properly, answering "yes" to TRLog's shutdown question "Is the
contest over?" results in adding the contents of ss05cw.tmp to ss05cw.dat, and
deleting the ss05cw.tmp file.  Apparently TRLog thinks that you're still
operating in SS.  Are you sure that you told TRLog that the contest was over
when you shut down?

Your log data may be spread among ss05cw.dat (a few QSOs), logback.dat (many
QSOs) and ss05cw.tmp (the last 5 QSOs).  But the 27k size of logback.dat
doesn't look big enough to hold 600 QSOs, which should take up about 50k if my
SS log size is any indication.

If you're running "real" DOS, you might try executing the UNDELETE command in
the SS directory.  But do that before you run POST or any other programs that
might write to the drive, as UNDELETE can only recover what hasn't yet been
overwritten.

Good luck with your difficulty.  Sorry that I didn't find you this year.

73, Paul W8TM