TRLog

[Trlog] I really did it this time VY1JA

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] I really did it this time VY1JA
From: "J. Allen" <vy1ja@northwestel.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:57:50 +0000
Hello, all.

SS05CW was quite a bit of work.  I droped out dead tired at about 00:00 with
616 QSOs in the log.

Today, I looked at the files in my SS05CW folder and I have only the temp log
with about 5 QSOs in it.  The counter still shows 617 as the next QSO, but both
TR and POST each only give me that one handful.

The directory looks like this:
logback.dat        27k
ss05cw.cfg          1k
ss05cw.dat          1k
ss05cw.rst         29k
ss05cw.tmp         1k

All that work is just gone and I do not know what I did to it.  I have been
using TR for years now, and it is reliable.

My regular computer died and I did CQP on this same backup laptop where it
worked fine.  I had turned the save to floppy function on, with a formatted
blank floppy in the laptop, but nothing was on it at the end of the contest
either.

Any ideas of possible causes or what I need to do to avoid this in the future?

J.
VY1JA