TRLog

FW: Re: [Trlog] 4-port card for an old machine?

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: FW: Re: [Trlog] 4-port card for an old machine?
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:44:54 +0000
Hi Mark:

Do they have ISA slots?  If not, I have had very good success
with the two-port cards from ByteRunner with their DOS drivers
that basically fake the IRQ and COM addresses.  I see no
reason why the four-port cards wouldn't work as well.

I have used the PCI-200L's in multiple computers with both
TR and CT under DOS.  I personally prefer the dual cards because
they have DB-9 connectors right on the card and don't require
a special cable (aka dongle).

ByteRunner supports DOS with the  PCI-400HS-9. I've never
used that one but it should work just as well.   I'm very interested
in hearing of successful solutions for laptops using PCMCIA
cards under dos.

73,

Mark, KD4D