TRLog

Re: [Trlog] SSB SO2R with a DVK?

To: kd4d@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Trlog] SSB SO2R with a DVK?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:24:40 -0600
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 08:04:24PM +0000, kd4d@comcast.net wrote:

> second radio...the CQ ALT F3 memory.  The issue
> appears to be that TRLog has no way of knowing
> when the transmission on the second radio has
> completed.

It is true that there is no way for TR-Log to know
when these devices have finshed transmitting.

There is a mod that might work for a W9XT card
that will cause the card to send a signal to
TR-Log - it has been on my list to mod one of
my XT cards and then have Tree program up the
test for this in TR-Log.  I have not done that yet.

I was thinking I would get to it this month as I
have one of my XT cards fixed (I think) that was
broken but I am leary of doing any mods to it
before the NAQP SSB contest when I might want to use it.

I can supply anyone who wants to modify their XT
card with this information.

I can see some cases where it might be nice to
have TR-Log launch a CQ while I am receiving an
exchange but unless I am using the DVK to send
the exchange there would be no way for the program to
launch those CQs because it woudl not know when I
stopped talking.

I find that having the DVK do the exchange upsets
my timing too much with the end result being lower rates.

> In fact, I can't figure out how the receive audio
> can get switched correctly between the radios using
> two radio mode (ALT-D on the second radio followed by
> space).

Are you talking about some sort of automatic
receive audio switching?

> Before I arrange to drive 70 miles or so to test this
> theory, Is anyone out there using SSB SO2R with a DVK?

I use my DVK but only to call CQ.
I use it to call CQ on the run radio alot but only
because I am tuning the second radio.  Otherwise I
would be calling live CQs.

I have programmed messages in my DVK for the QSL message and]
put that in the "quick qsl key" location and I have used it
a few times but generally I find that it upsets my timing.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net