TRLog

[TRLog] Country file for CQ M

Subject: [TRLog] Country file for CQ M
From: MM@plextek.co.uk (Mark Marsden)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:53:17 +0100

This weekend I used TR v6.39 in the CQ M contest.

I downloaded the contests' specific country file,
P150C.CTY from the CQM website and copied it into the
same directory as the program and log.  i.e., in my case
D:\TR639\P150C.CTY

I then used Ctrl-J to set
COUNTRY INFORMATION FILE  = D:\TR639\P150C.CTY
and renamed the CTY.DATin the TR639 subdirectory to
OLDCTY.DAT

Now when TR starts up there's a brief flash of a message
after the initialisation screen (in yellow text) saying something
like "335 countries loaded from D:\TR631\CTY.DAT"

It looks like TR ignores what's in the  .CFG file and
looks all over the hard disk to find a file called CTY.DAT
and use that instead.

The latest manual  (thanks Doc!) is not very informative on
the use of Country files.

What are the real rules of file naming used here?
Has my contest been scored properly?
(I may have more multipliers than I thought)

73

Mark, G4AXX Granta Contest Group