TRLog

More 765/Clone CT-17 Info

Subject: More 765/Clone CT-17 Info
From: kirk@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (Kirk Pickering)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:19:01 -0600
> From: "Billy W. Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>   [ AA4NU ]
>
> Here's a few more details on the "clone" CT-17 I used here
> with my IC-765 ...
>
>                   plastic       X
>                   minibox       X
>               xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
>               x                xX
>           DB9 x 'CT-17 stuff'  ZZ <- Connector to IC-765
>               x                xX
>               xxYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
>                 !               X
>                12 volts         X
>                                 X <- Blank Slot Cover

I am using this converter that Billy made on my IC-761, and it's working FB!
It's much neater (and less RFI prone) than the DB-25:cable->convertor->rig
wiring scheme used in the past.  Just a length of RG-174 between the back
of the computer and the IC-761 with shielded 1/8" mini plugs at each end.
Highly recommended.

-Kirk  K4RO