Re: [TowerTalk] MA-550 Installation

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MA-550 Installation
From: JOHN OWENS <ham38john@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 08:11:25 -0700 (PDT)
Mike:

I installed a UST 72ft motorized tower in 2004. I believe the base was supposed
to be 4x4x8ft. I had a friend use a back hoe to dig the hole. With a back hoe,
the hole is going to be larger that the targeted size, because it is not
precise. My hole probably ended up being closer to 5x5x10ft. Not to worry. All
worked out fine. Big heavy duty rebar cage in the hole, and then fill it with
concrete and finish it off.

I tend to be risk averse so I lower the tower during higher winds. Tower was
used and is now probably about 25YO. All is good so far.

John Owens -  N7TK