Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Electrical Joint Compound

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Electrical Joint Compound
From: Gary NA6O via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:04:54 -0800
All the military systems I worked on required an application of Dow Corning 4
dielectric grease to connectors. That was placed on threads, male and female
contacts, and environmental sealing components. Only a very thin film is
applied. Every RF connector I install today has it in the threads and on the
contacts. Its hydrophobic properties are primary here in preventing long-term
corrosion due to unavoidable trace condensation.

-Gary NA6O