Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Mast Mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Mast Mounting
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 21:39:19 -0400
What a fantastic portable setup and also a great presentation.

I am wondering where you can set up a station like that?   Is it on public
land?  Do you need permission?

John KK9A

Jim Brown K9YC wrote:

Take a look at the system we use for portable operation with mil-surplus
mast sections. It's about halfway into this link, which are slides for a
talk W6GJB did at Pacificon several years ago. He found the tripod adapter
fitting at Dayton about ten years ago. I suspect they're available online.

A dozen or so slides farther into it, Glen shows guy anchors that can be
driven almost anywhere. They're used to tie down small aircraft.

http://k9yc.com/trailer.pdf

73, Jim K9YC