[TowerTalk] Manilla rope rejuvenate?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Manilla rope rejuvenate?
From: wb2aio--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:07:00 +0000 (UTC)
I use 5/8" rope to haul things up, pull the extension ladder up, or with my
arborist device when on my steep roof., tc. It ends up spending the summer
hanging while I do my various antenna projects.  It has spent probably the last
five years being outdoors for several months each summer.
I don't see any signs of fraying or rot but was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions on how I can prolong its life? Perhaps lanolin soak or? It has lost
its golden color to grey at this time.
73,Kathy, w2nk