Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?

To: Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?
From: Ken WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 16:17:03 -0400
I can't find exact data but I think the trailing wire antenna for the
AN/ART-13 was 200 ft of flexwire.  If you can locate the antenna (Ebay?)
that may be a source.

I cannot imagine Copperweld and flexwire in the same sentence.

Copperweld brings back memories.  When I was a teenager, I got a MARS
issued "antenna kit" including 5200 feet of 3 strand 12 ga Copperweld
wire!  I never used it for antenna wire but it did well for guy wires!  The
kit included some massive insulators but they forgot to send me the antenna
supports :-(  Oh well, I didn't have room in the backyard for a
rhombic anyway!

Ken