Re: [TowerTalk] High power 2:1 transformer was Re: 16om vertical and the

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High power 2:1 transformer was Re: 16om vertical and the number of radials
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 16:33:09 -0500

Can someone point me toward a good way to do a 2:1 downward
transformation?
The very same 2.25:1 (trifilar autotransformer tapped between
windings 2 and 3 for the antenna with the feedline connected
to the top of winding 3) used in the common broadband "stack
match" for stacking yagis!  You may want to use 5 or 6 turns
on each winding for 160 instead of the 3 or 4 turns typically
used for 20-10 M.  In any case the theory is identical.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV