Yaesu 1000SDX installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Yaesu 1000SDX installation
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 20:06:33 -0400 (EDT)
OK...  the Ring Rotor I was supposed to get from K3ARV never came.  Sent him
$750.00 a year ago.  Oh well, another lesson learned.

I'm going to use a Yaesu 1000SDX to turn my 48' boom 20M yagi.  The rotor is
over rated at 23 Sq Ft.  Someone on this list suggested more like 15 sq ft.
Which is about what this antenna is...

Q1:  Would you drill a hole in the mast and pin it to the rotor?  My feeling
is if the wind blows too hard, let it slip in the mast and correct it later.

Q2:  How long will this rotor last with this antenna?

73

Bill
| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |