Topband

Re: Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX S

To: n0tt1@juno.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX SPOILER
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 11:34:00 -0700
Thanks Charlie for the insight.  I just rewatched the video of your expedition.  Very cool, no pun intended.   Sorry I wasn't a topband guy back then. Just worked you guys on 20 CW and SSB.  I worked FB8XV in 1979, also on 20 SSB.

Did you have RX antennas that allowed you to work through the snow storms?  Here in AZ we can draw an ac in a PL259 in a dust storm.

Wes  N7WS