Re: [TenTec] Newly Acquired Delta 580

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Newly Acquired Delta 580
From: Al <radioal@sccoast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:25:40 -0400
Randy-

You should be able to download the files from thingiverse now.  I realized that
there were a couple of hints that I forgot to put in the thingiverve
description.

Make sure when you slice it that the wall thickness is set high enough to
ensure that the part comes out as a solid chunk of plastic.  The default
setting on my slicer made my 1st attempt print the spring housing as 2
concentric tubes rather that one solid piece.  I just set the thickness to
something silly like 10mm.

Print it at a very high quality,  Even at the best my printer is capable of,
the part is so small that it is done in under 40 min.

When you go to reassemble your PTO, preload the spring with a couple of
strategically placed sockets and a largeish c-clamp before you put the screws
and washers back in.  This part (the original or my copy) is not strong enough
to properly compress the spring using just the screws.  I am sure that’s how my
original got broken.  You want a large front socket to bear on the PTO frame
while protecting the shafts and the rear to bear on protruding portion of the
new part right around the shaft.

BTW, the Omni D is a great radio.  A single conversion receiver doesn’t sound
like much on paper, but it’s a simple design done exceptionally well and can
hold its own against much more complicated modern gear.

73

Al

Sent from Mail for Windows