Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Argo V repair

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Argo V repair
From: Bob McGraw <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:03:55 -0600
For all practical purposes, component repair is more likely to be accomplished with current production products.  The reason, new boards in production may have a component failure and they have the staff and tools to diagnose and replace the parts.  Where as older non-production boards, the test fixtures and skills along with parts availability are always in question.

Most companies today prefer to do system diagnostics and then board replacement.   The cost of producing  a fully loaded and tested boards  today are generally far less than one hour of human diagnostic time.

73

Bob, K4TAX