Re: [TenTec] Sherwood Report Orion 1 and 2

To: terry foskey <n5tf@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sherwood Report Orion 1 and 2
From: Paul Gates <kd3jf.paulgates@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:26:16 -0400
Terry I apologize for being rude to you. But when the O1 first came out it
was terrible with all the complaints. Not one good word was mentioned on
the Reflector. That was all I was saying. I am not an engineer of any type.
I was a Pastor for 50 years and got my first license in 1961. I am 85 years
old now.

I have no opinion, I was just relating what I experienced. I had many
different TenTec radios during the 70s and 80s. At present I have a Delta
that was manufactured in 1979 and it suits me fine. I have never had to
have it repaired. I had it checked up in 2010.

I was a volunteer at the Smithonian at the American History Museum a few
years ago in Washington, DC when they had a Ham station. There I operated a
Omni 6 and enjoyed that. I got my Extra Class license when I was 71 years
old.
Have a good weekend.

Paul, KW4BD