[TenTec] Sherwood Report Orion 1 and 2

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sherwood Report Orion 1 and 2
From: terry foskey via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 21:24:27 +0000 (UTC)
KW4BD -

Both Barry and I among many others here have owned both of the Orions.  Both
are very close in performance with perhaps a slight edge on receiver
characteristics on the Orion 2.  Gary  recently took ownership of my Orion 2.
I have owned and operated them side by side for a good period of time. I agree
with Barry the difference is neglible.  Since you seem to have a definitive
opinion, how about providing some specifics to support your assertion that my
opinion i is not worth much - to use your sophisticated vernacular?  I will
tell you this in advance, most user issues with the Orion, are due to the lack
of operating knowledge of radios and the Orion specifically.  Let me explain,
one must understand the purpose of RF Gain, AGC, Preamp, Filters, etc. - in
simple English - The Radio needs a competent driver in order to produce the
full potential.  For someone that is competent it is one of the best user
interface radios I have ever operated - clever receiver/transmitter to antenna
interface, excellent VFO interface, etc.    I await your specific critique so
that we may continue this conversation......

N5TF,
Terry