Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 17:31:59 -0400
Gang,

while not the same problem, my argonaut VI took a crap a few days after I
received it from Ten Tec.

Here’s what mine did.

On 160 meters, the power out bar graph would show 1 or 2 bars into a 50 ohm
load. However, the power into the dummy load was 12 watts.

Reflective power as infinite according to the bar graph.

other bands suffered the same fault, but not as badly as 160 meters.

rec was fine on all bands.

SSB worked, but bar graph wasn’t right.

Sent it back. Ten Tec service stated “replaced power supply unit board”

mike, wb8vge

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
 the heathkit shop
SunLight energy systems