Re: [TenTec] poor harsh audio on OMNI-V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] poor harsh audio on OMNI-V
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:56:06 -0600
On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 15:40 -0400, yash@aol.com wrote:
>  Jerry
> ???? the brain isn't functioning fully today,I guess. Iam confused about the
> use of the? BPF/FADE control. This control....or controls.... take a full?
> flat audio signal and makes? it able to cut the audio pass band from flat to
> 220 to 1700 by a combination of the 2 pots? If this circuit was not working
> like it should would this not result maybe in the tinny audio Iam getting?
> the fade does cause some action to the audio,? past mid scale with the fade
> knob, results in 0 audio in usb,never used it in lsb. the BPF seems to have
> NO effect on the audio signal.
> dale

I don't know about the bandpass filter knob. Didn't buy a V when I had a
chance because I didn't like the way it shifts to LSB for CW. That's
disaster in a VHF contest. I'm talking Band pass tuning. And That still
depends on the EXACT filters in use. Its certainly possible for a used
rig to have an unusual combination of narrower filters without having
reset the BFO to match to get an oddly sounding radio.

73, Jerry, K0CQ