Re: [TenTec] managing shortwave listening OII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] managing shortwave listening OII
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:25:33 -1000
Hi Grant,

Actually, I didn't say you said that R-390s have push-pull anythings.

Thanks for the info on SP-600 AF PA.

Anyway, I think we both have similar tastes in receivers. I started with
a BC-779 Super-Pro, and after several years of listening to it I finally
got my Novice ticket in 1970. I used the Super-Pro along with my
homebrew 6BQ6 and 6HF5 transmitter (from the 1968 ARRL Handbook) I was
on the air as WN6CFF. That Super-Pro is a fine receiver, with audio
unmatched by any rig I know of.

I have always wanted a R-390, 51J4 and SP-600. If I could only have my
choice of one of those it would be the SP-600. Maybe then I would take
the low level audio output from the 600 and feed the phono input of one
of my old Super-Pros with it....Some day....

>   The HF-20 would be connected
> to the diode load on the 390 or 390A.

I don't know that much about R-390 circuitry, although I have used them
once or twice. Why is it called a "diode load"? Is that the line level
output?

Ken N6KB