Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII

To: tentec@contesting.com, knesbitt@nucleus.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:36:36 EST

In a message dated 3/11/06 10:35:01 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
knesbitt@nucleus.com writes:

My  question would then be, how do you employ the band display in a hunt
and  pounce operation, particularly under crowded band condx? I just
don't see  it working.

The sweep is practically useless for a contest application. I turned mine
off for the past 3 contests (as long as I have had the O2), ARRL DX CW, CQWW
160
 SSB and ARRL DX Phone, as it was just visual commotion that was unecessary
for  me. Not nearly as useful as other radio "sweeps" that allow marking
pileups  and/or going to them or empty freqs.

73, Bob  K8IA