[TenTec] Advise Please

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Advise Please
From: "David Hammond" <dhhdeh@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:35:07 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I am a long time Corsair II, Omni VI-Ver.III and now Omni V user. I sold the
Corsair II's and Omni VI long ago.  The V.9 is my only TT radio left. One of
the best IMO after the V.9 chip-swap courtesy of N4PY's design and several
other mods to tweak the IF to improve in-passband intermod and AGC time
constants.  I also added the INRAD roofing filter (SSB version) as well.

Great on CW (best QSK EVER) and can be vastly improved on SSB with INRAD filters

I am in close agreement with Rick on his selection of SSB filters for the Omni
V.

I replaced my stock TT filters with (2) INRAD 2.8 Khz filters in the 9 and 6.3
Mhz IF positions.  I then use an INRAD 10 pole 2.4 Khz filter in both the 1.8
and NAR slots. Cascading the (2) 2.4's in the NAR and 1.8 slots yields
excellent skirts (with a resulting bandwidth of about 2.2 Khz) without excess
narrowing of received audio. INRAD's are the best on SSB and the 2.8's really
shine on transmit.

On receive the results are spectacular and pleasing to listen to for prolonged
periods.

It's not an ICOM on SSB, but pretty darn close.

BTW where's the Orion II?  Tempus Fugit.

73 de N1LQ-Dave