[TenTec] Orion Firmware Updates

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Firmware Updates
From: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 07:16:01 -0500
  The other night it was time for me to install the most recent version of the
Orion software.  My Orion is only a couple of months old and came with version
1.369, so this was to be my first attempt at upgrading.  I had already
downloaded 1.370 and 1.371 to my computer so I thought that I was all set.  I
had the manual and the readme instructions, but I couldn't get the software to
install.  So, I called my friend, Josh, who has installed a few upgrades and
with a couple of suggestions from him, I had everything squared away and 1.371
successfully installed.  Thanks Josh, you were a big help!!!!

    So, what is the point of my post?  I really think that TenTec should issue
an addendum to the instruction manual wherein they explain the procedure step
by step, key stroke by key stroke, and a few screen shots of what you should be
seeing on the computer and also on the Orion.  I think that this would be
extremely helpful for the first time user.  Now, that I have done it once, its
no big deal, but it sure would have helped the first time.

    I know that some of the TenTec folks read this board, so maybe they will
take action on my suggestion.

        73,

        Bernard, WA4OEJ