[TenTec] corsair II display

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] corsair II display
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:41:37 -0500
While running my Corsair II at field day the readout went wild. I dont
remember what it was but it was nothing in the ham bands.

I have tried Deoxit on the connetors and now it seems to be ok above 10mhz.
I have not put a freq counter on it to see if it is accurate but the display
looks ok.

But below 10 mhz it will have an extra number on the left, such as 77.225 or
33.550 or 11.825 etc.
Has anyone runinto this ?

Before you start jumping to conclusions, I do have the plug in back in place
of the VFO. I also have jumpers in the tx en and tx out, and the VFO jumper.
 This radio had been used at home for some time just on 30m and had no
didplay problems until a few hours into field day.
Any help would be appreciated, and please reply direct.

Thanks 73 Paul K9OT