[TenTec] RE: More to Orion vs Icom 756PRO II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE: More to Orion vs Icom 756PRO II
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:01:52 -0500
W5BUD wrote:
>Gee, you ought to get something for the $1000+ the Orion costs!

Duane, you may be looking at this the wrong way.

W0YG wrote:
>It seems as if I forgot to mention the 756PRO II and how it performs with
the 1.5 KW neighbor within a mile of me.  Well, unfortunately I could not be
on the same band as my AGC pumps everywhere.  It renders the 756PRO II
virtually useless...

        I'll bet the K2 receiver ($669 including 160 and NB options) will run
circles around a Pro2 under these same conditions.  Don't you feel the Pro2
should do better for another $1500?

http://www.elecraft.com/K2_perf.htm

Radio   5 kHz BDR (Desense measurement which applies to these problems)
K2              135 dB
Pro2            100 dB

73, Bill W4ZV