[RFI] Computer (maybe just USB subsystem) shutting down

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer (maybe just USB subsystem) shutting down
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:03:21 -0500
I have a persistent problem with my computer (and N1MM Logger) shutting down every couple of hours when I'm active on the air, requiring a computer restart.  I run 1100-1500 watts on HF 160-10, and have common mode chokes at the feedpoints of all three antennas.  The antenna switch is at the base of my tower, and from there a single run of Buryflex is shallowly buried on its way back to the shack, about 150 feet.

I'm wondering if it could be helpful, from an RFI perspective, to put another common mode choke on that cable where it enters my house.

--
73, Pete N4ZR