[RFI] LED Street lights

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] LED Street lights
From: Luciano Gasparini via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 17:58:54 +0000 (UTC)
I have been looking forward to sorting out the LED Street Lights RFI around my
neighborhood.
In searching for a way to lower or extinguish it, I bought a QRM killer kit
from the Dutch Amateur Radio Society, Veron, but found it depends a lot on the
receiving antenna. Adding a Mini Whip antenna to the aforementioned device
assisted me on the lower bands, but it lacks sensitivity on the upper ones,
which I mostly work at night. It came to my mind that increasing the antenna
length, by installing a 12awg 6 feet wire, might help me out.
The IC-751A notch and NB lowered the noise by a further extent, albeit the
TS590SG won't help much.

Since the company, which installed the LEDs, won't cooperate, I would like to
try sorting the technical matter out by myself.
Is there any other hints that might help me sort out the issue, please?
73,
Luciano PT9KK

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android