Re: [RFI] RFI - 2018 Jeep Wrangler

To: Stephanie WX3K <wx3k@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI - 2018 Jeep Wrangler
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:42:49 +0000
I do not run mobile while driving, so,....no.

HOWEVER, if you do radio astronomy and specifically the deep space hydrogen
line at 1420.405751 MHz, you'll rapidly discover the cell modem in the Jeep
puts out an hellish amount of crap right on the hydrogen frequency.  That
is an internationally protected band.  It is the second harmonic of the
modem.  I've emailed Jeep a number of times with recorded data.  In a year
and a half, I've received absolutely nothing from them.  It's nasty and
severely interfers with the Water Hole in general.  They don't give a
rip......... or should I write don't give a SH*T?

Dave - WØLEV

--

*Dave - WØLEV*