Re: [RFI] Weird RFI Episode

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Weird RFI Episode
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 09:35:45 -0400
Just to be clear - before this, I have had zero problems from hand-tight PL-259 connectors, going back as far as I can remember (50+ years). That's why this instance struck me as so remarkable. I've been using these monitors for 3-5 years.

I've spent a fair amount of time dealing with RFI, both in and out, and RFI in is negligible except for recurrent powerline problems .  My station is much less complex than it was at one time, but is fully RF-proofed with toroid chokes where needed and/or recommended, with a good short ground and a 3/4" copper tubing ground bus along the back of my desk, to which RF-handling devices are connected by short, direct, heavy conductors.

73, Pete N4ZR