[RFI] Ethernet noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ethernet noise
From: <nlsa@nlsa.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:20:29 -0400
Dear friends,

I have several dB of broadband RFI in my 2m EME system.  I suspect that some
of it results from ethernet cabling.  The station has about a dozen modules
(SDR, transverter, SSPA, etc.) that are all connected to a central Ethernet
switch.  I have used STP or S/FTP cables throughout but I am confused about
how these cables should be grounded.  Should I defeat the shield ground by
taping the outside of the connectors at one end?  If so, should it be at the
Ethernet switch or the distal ends at each module?

Suggestions welcome,

Michael, W9IP