Re: [RFI] Government not enforcing things...

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Government not enforcing things...
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 23:01:31 +0000
Take kitchen refrigerators and freezers.  These days the design MTBF is 5
to 7 years.  Yep, our first in this new house lasted 7 years before the
compressor failed - without ANY brownouts from our power provider.  This
not to mention several less major failures. Remember when they used to last
20+ years?  No more.

And the washer/dryer we moved in with, new as well.  They had to be
replaced in 8 years.  Remember when they lasted 20+ years?  No more.

The average household moves every 5 to 7 years.  That "mysteriously"
matches the planned MTBF of major household appliances.

No more quality or pride in workmanship.

OK......  This isn't RFI, but I believe relevant to the whole mindset of
modern widgets.

Dave - WØLEV

--

*Dave - WØLEV*