Re: [RFI] Government not enforcing things...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Government not enforcing things...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 12:05:17 -0700
Good move, but don't assume that some branded product you buy is legit, or of the quality associated with the name. From my experience with representatives of major companies to the Standards Committee of the Audio Engineering Society, I learned at least 20 years ago that some mfrs of major bands of mics and connectors had problems with counterfeits of their products. Mics didn't meet specs, connectors had dimensional errors that caused failures with mating. Years before, I'd seen reports of issues the aviation world had encountered with counterfeit that endangered safety.

Over the past 3-5 years, I've bought household products online, and often found replacements by brand were inferior to what I'd already owned, or to product reviews. Neighbors and friends have reported similar experiences.

73, Jim K9YC