Re: [RFI] 10 Meter OTH Radar(?)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 10 Meter OTH Radar(?)
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 11:04:34 -0500
OK, good to hear it wasn't local to me here.  It looked like a picket fence on my spectrum display, and I was glad when it stopped.

73, Pete N4ZR

On 3/6/2023 10:47 AM, nm8rmedic via RFI wrote:
IARU Intruder Watch usually lists information about this signal. I believe it's regarded
as an Iranian OTHR.  IW has a pretty dedicated bunch of observers around the
globe. It's interesting to see their logs of signals that intrude in our amateur bands. I
use their reports to help explain some oddities heard from time to time.ScottNM8RSent
from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Larry K4AB<larry.k4ab@gmail.com>  Date: 3/6/23  10:17  (GMT-05:00)
To: rfi<rfi@contesting.com>  Subject: [RFI] 10 Meter OTH Radar(?) K1TO wrote:>Who else noticed the on/off
QRN about 100 khz wide and centered at roughly28650-29000 at various times?I certainly did.  A very broad,
and loud, digital-sounding signal.  Myfirst guess was some sort of over the horizon radar system. Does
anyonehave any information?If it is a type of "nation-state" system, I presume it would be
verydifficult, if not impossible, to prevent it from using the amateur radiofrequencies.73,Larry