Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Prototype Optimizer Test

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Prototype Optimizer Test
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:52:38 -0800
Solar Edge will be testing their new prototype Optimizer today. The new design is supposed to reduce the RFI associated with their old units. The NPI engineer I spoke with said the test results will be announced sometime next week.

Am I confused, or wasn't the ARRL RFI lab and solar edge working together, and had produced, and tested, with plans to put into new installs, a quite "optimizer" several years ago, work beginning some time shortly after the first few complaints?

With 3,488 saved messages from the forum, with solar edge RFI mentioned back to 2016 (maybe further back on an old computer), it'll be hard to find, but maybe someone remembers. I seem to recall some excited announcements from Ed about working with them, and at least one quiet model put into production several years ago.

I did quickly find a reference to solar edge using quieter EU models in the US several years ago...

Kurt