Re: [RFI] Yagis and DFing

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Yagis and DFing
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 09:36:22 -0600
When I foxhunted a LOT we used two different antennas.
When the Hunt started and the FOX might be far away and weak we used any simple like 3 or 4 element yagi, Like the old Chushcraft one from the 70's it was cheap like 20 bucks, and if you drove into a tree no big loss.

Once the signal was strong we would switch to a pair of phased dipoles, 1/4 wave apart 90 deg out of phase. It has only like 3 db of gain on the wide like 180 deg front lobe. but the null directly off the back can be incredibly deep! If tweaked you can get even a 40 db null off the back.

Joe WB9SBD