Re: [RFI] Powerline noise question

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Powerline noise question
From: Steve Muenich <srmuenich@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 15:13:56 -0600
Guys,
This has been a very enlightening discussion.  And has given me ideas on
tracking down my local RFI issue.
I have a IC-9700 and have been using a 3 element VHF measuring tape yagi to
locate the power line noise source.  Adding in attenuation using AM
detector as I get closer to the source.

A question I have is:
Is there anywhere on the web or perhaps at ARRL where similar signatures of
various types of noise sources are able to be viewed.
I haven’t yet looked so this may be redundant but to be able to see a
switch mode supply vs a grow light on a waterfall or whatever might help
narrow down the search.

I have a local source that seems to be on a timer and the waterfall shows a
squiggly pattern.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for all this excellent discussion

73
Steve NA5C