Re: [RFI] 8982 KHz RFI?

To: AA5CT <jwin95@yahoo.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 8982 KHz RFI?
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 09:37:51 -0700
Is the propagation to you ionospheric, or local line-of-sight?
IOW, can you detect any fading, or frequency selective fading?

From what the fellow says, "The noise comes in with the darkness".

Here is his initial post:

"The last couple days I have been hearing this oddball jamming.  I am
using several HF radios here on different frequencies. The jamming is
drifting into each radio. Talk about annoying.  It can be seen on an SDR
screen. I guess its Russia as it comes in on the gray line lasting most
of the night."

Could be odd RFI, strange that it's on, at least, the three primary frequencies he monitors, they are military frequencies, show up on the east, and west coasts, and from snooping around SDRs, on the east earlier, then gone (he says most of the night, but I can't find it on several receivers hours later). When I saw/heard it on a west coast SDR, the sound and image on the waterfall matched what the fellow had sent me earlier, from the east coast.

I'll have to watch/listen more to get a feel for it, checking here, if anyone knew of anything.

Kurt