Re: [RFI] ANOTHER "WITH LOVE, from CHINA"

To: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ANOTHER "WITH LOVE, from CHINA"
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:51:45 -0600
Yes, legally, we are bound to the limits set by FCC.  However, I believe
most of us would agree they are pretty liberal.  Originally, limits were
set based on 1950's technology.  Then, at the very beginning of the
"digital age", these limits were tightened.  I had an Allen organ at the
time.  I helped them "get through" the revamped limits of the time.  I
believe it is, once again, time to revisit those limits as we did a couple
of three decades ago to account for the RF Fog the digital age has
precipitated.  In addition, the character of the interference is far
different than a couple of three decades ago.  Limits based on field
strength alone really do not apply to the "interference potential" of
digitally generated RF Fog.   Not to mention the unregulated solar power
industry.   If it's digital, it produces RFI.......

I'll never have a chance in h^&l at motivating changes.  But I sincerely
believe it's time to revisit the limits based on measurement methods and
interference potential philosophies with the influx of digital
"everything".

Dave - WØLEV

--
*Dave - WØLEV*